International Clinical Researcher of the Year Awards
The International Clinical Researcher awards will be held on 23 April 2015 at 8 Northumberland Avenue, London.
PharmaTimes International Clinical Researcher of the Year competition was created in 1999 as a unique opportunity for professionals working within the research fraternity to benchmark their skills against their peers in a learning environment, and have them judged by an independent steering committee of high-level industry leaders. To ensure all entrants gain something from the experience, each person entering the competition receives valuable mentoring and feedback on their performance.
See our International Clinical Researcher story published in PharmaTimes Magazine April 2014 - Click here
As Greg Trevelyan, Roche, winner of Team Leader of the Year 2014, says: "There is always room to develop and learn from others and the PharmaTimes International Clinical Researcher of the Year competition provides the ideal environment to facilitate this. The whole process is hugely rewarding and culminates in recognising top achievers in the industry."
“The competition combines a real career-development opportunity with a chance to hone both technical and presentation skills outside the normal workplace. It allows interaction with peers as the competition progresses and interaction with judges from different companies if you reach the finals. It really is a complete package.” Sally Osmond, executive vice president INC Research, and member of the executive steering group
Why should I enter?
• This is the only international clinical research competition that tests the competencies and skills of clinical researchers in a real-life challenge against their peers.
• Our aim is to recognise the talent and passion of clinical researchers working in pharma, CROs and academia from all over the world
• Entering the competition is a simple three-step process
1. Complete a multichoice questionnaire based on ICH/GCP
2. Successful applicants complete a category specific essay challenge
3. The best candidates across each of the 8 categories are invited to the finals where they present to a panel of senior industry judges
• Wherever you are in your career - or in the world - there's a category for you including: Clinical Research Associate, Clinical Research Site, Clinical Trials Administrator, Project Manager, Team Leader and Clinical Team. Or why not enter one of our brand new categories for 2015 - Aspiring CRA or Strategic Team Leader?
• Valuable mentoring and feedback on individual performance from the senior clinical judging panel
• Your organisation could even walk off with the ultimate accolade of Clinical Company of the Year All finalists will receive
• Professional recognition on stage at the awards ceremony
• A signed certificate
• Post-event feedback
• Professional recognition
• The opportunity to network with peers, and senior industry marketing leaders and key stakeholders As well as the above the Pharma Winner from each category will receive
• An engraved glass crystal award
• Promotion of your win through print and digital channels
• A raised professional profile that has led to career development and progression for many previous winners
• A desire to encourage learning and development of your clinical researchers and teams through competency benchmarking
• Cross-check the skills and abilities of your clinical researchers against the best in the industry
• Validate the rigour of your recruitment, training and development
• Success in the individual and team categories could result in you being crowned Clinical Company of the Year
• Attract new talent to your organisation and create affiliate pride
Key Dates • Entry opens 1 October 2014
• Entry closes 9 January 2015
• Finalists announced w/c 16 February 2015
• Individual finals 19 March 2015
• Team finals 26 March 2015
• Clinical Researcher Awards evening at 8 Northumberland Avenue, London 23 April 2015
Individual finals 19 March 2015 – venue TBC
Structure of the day
Timetables for the day will be organised once finalists have been identified. On the day itself you will be given a real-world case study, preparation time followed by a 20-minute presentation to a judging panel of 4-6 senior clinical leaders and 10 minutes Q&A. Feedback will be given post-event.
Team finals 26 March 2015 - venue TBC
Structure of the day
Timetables for the day will be organised once finalists have been identified. On the day itself you will first participate in a group exercise with other teams taking part in the competition. You will then be given a real-world case study, preparation time followed by a 20-minute presentation to a judging panel of 4-6 senior clinical leaders and 10 minutes Q&A. Feedback will be given post-event.