Overview Finalists in Comms Team of the Year revealed as awards ceremony nears.
More than a dozen agencies will go head to head in the finals of this year’s Communications Team of the Year organised by PharmaTimes Media. The winners will be unveiled at a joint awards ceremony on 27 November in London alongside the winners of PharmaTimes Marketer of the Year.
This year sees finalists from a range of healthcare communications agencies – from smaller independents to global organisations – compete in the international and NHS challenges. These finalists are: ICC Lowe, DJM Digital and PAN, GCI Health, Publicis, Aurora, Frontera, medDigital, Litmus, Real Science, Synergy, Helen Johnson and Just:: Health. The competition is unique in the industry.
Why? Because finalists are judged on their performance on the day not on past performance; because they answer a real-world challenge set by independent marketers that is designed to illustrate key agency competencies; because the judging panel comprises senior industry marketers; and because the assessment is sound and transparent, so it does not follow that the bigger the company the better their chance of winning.
Moreover, taking part requires no prior preparation – on the day entrants simply spend 2 hours preparing their pitch, 20 minutes presenting it, and 15 minutes in a Q&A. So the winner is rewarded for their ability to think creatively, quickly, and to surpass expectations, while all finalists are provided with valuable feedback to make this competition a unique learning process.
For more details on the competition and for sponsorship opportunities contact Gill Chalk
, tel: +44 (0)20 7240 6999.
How will the competition be assessed?
- Through a panel presentation in front of expert judges drawn from the executive steering committee (no-one will be judged by their own company).
- No lengthy submission process or preparation is required prior to the finals, minimising any loss of focus away from your day job
- A professional curiosity to be measured against peers from companies outside of your own
- An opportunity to join our exclusive global alumni of fellow Pharma winners
Why should your company take part?
- A desire to encourage professional development through peer competency benchmarking outside of your company
- Develop your agency skills and abilities against the best in the industry
- An opportunity to validate the rigour of your recruitment, training and development of your team's as evidenced through their performance in the competition
- With success an opportunity to attract new talent to your organisation and create affiliate pride
All finalists will be charged £250 per team, and in return will receive an in-depth feedback report including their scores across a number of key communications competencies. The report also includes qualitative feedback from the judging panel on the performance.
What are the categories?
Finalist agencies and teams can select the category that best suits their skill sets, from the following:
- Communications Agency Team – NHS Challenge
- Communications Agency Team – International Challenge
Agency teams have the opportunity to shine and enter one of two different awards:
- Focused on a challenge in the UK marketplace or
- With an international focus
Agencies entering will be advised of the exact challenges on the finals day. So no preparation needed, just a sharp set of brains on the day!
April – Competition opened for entry. Enter via our webpage
5 September – Competition closes for entry
12 September – Finalists announce
25 September – Finals Day at Beaumont Estate – click here for details
27 November – Marketing Awards Ceremony at 8 Northumberland, London WC2N 5BY
The winners will be announced in London at the Marketing Awards evening on 27 November at 8 Northumberland
Contact Gill Chalk: email@example.com or at +44 (0)20 7240 6999 for further details.