Aspiring Business Unit Manager of the Year
Entry Guidelines and Judging Criteria
This category will test your capabilities across a wide range of Business Unit Management skills. An excellent understanding of marketing, combined with the ability to navigate the complex strategic and stakeholder challenges will be required together financial analysis developing a business cases and creating and deploying a full team to be successful on the judging day.
Individuals hoping to progress towards a Business Unit Management role or equivalent in the near future
- Finalists will be invited to take part in a case-study challenge developed by an independent expert panel relevant to your category
- Finalists will be presented with the case study on arrival at the finals day – and given a set period of time for preparation (usually 1½-2 hours), before delivering their response to a judging panel of senior marketing and industry leaders.
Specific scoring criteria will be developed alongside each year’s unique case-study / challenge. But all finalists should bear in mind the following points for this category:
- Comprehending and understanding the challenge and your task:
Finalists should demonstrate an understanding of the case study and what they have been asked to do. You will need to state reasonable assumptions and fats and effectively draw conclusions from a balance the two elements.
- Understanding of the sales and marketing planning process
Demonstrate a robust sales and marketing planning process whilst presenting your outputs to the panel
- Patient flow
Demonstrate your ability to identify and stratify patient flow, taking into account patient numbers and any other specifics of the case study
Identify target customers and stakeholders, present a rationale for targeting this/these segment/s with appropriate internal resources
Present a clear understanding of the organisational challenges required to deliver your desired strategy
- Financial analysis and building a business case
Develop a persuasive financial business case to support your strategic approach
- Strategic Conclusions
Present clear strategic conclusions that go beyond the immediate challenge presented in the case study by thinking forward at least 5 years. Finance