Marketer of the Year
Entry Guidelines and Judging Criteria
This category will test your marketing experience & allow you to demonstrate your skill in the core domain of an experienced pharmaceutical marketer – “Developing and executing brand strategy”. Excellence in this category will require an understanding of the processes involved in developing a country specific brand strategy, and experience in building a tactical execution which delivers against that strategy. Candidates will be judged on three components;
- Their ability to shape a strong strategy & derive a brand positioning appropriate to the environment
- Their ability to leverage a tactical plan which will execute that brand strategy, and apply measures to maintain course
- Their capability to tell a strong and coherent story in their final presentation.
For experienced marketers (Typically over 4 years’ experience)
Brand Manager, Senior Brand Manager, Brand Lead, Marketing Manager
- Finalists will be invited to take part in a category-specific case-study challenge developed by an independent expert panel.
- Finalists will be presented with the challenge on arrival at the finals day – and given a set period of time for preparation (usually 1 hour) – before delivering their response to a judging panel of senior marketing and industry leaders.
Specific scoring criteria will be developed alongside each year’s unique case-study / challenge. But all finalists should bear in mind the following points for this category:
- Comprehending and understanding the challenge:
Finalists should demonstrate an understanding of the case study and the challenges faced
- Understanding of the sales and marketing process
Demonstrate a robust sales and marketing process whilst presenting your outputs to the panel
Deliver a robust strategy & marketing plan, with clear objectives, timings and measures
- Draw appropriate conclusions
Effectively draw conclusions from a balance of fact and reasonable assumptions
Identify target customers and present a rationale for targeting this/these segment/s
- Patient flow
Demonstrate your ability to identify and stratify patient flow, taking into account patient numbers and any other specifics of the case study
Consider the financial implications for your recommendations
Provide a long term vision of how to manage the issues raised in the case study