Marketer of the Year
Designed to both assess and reward the competencies and potential of pharma marketers, the PharmaTimes Marketer of the Year competition identifies and benchmarks marketing talent within pharma organisations against the wider industry.
Changing customer behaviour is the basepoint of marketing. Judges will be looking for evidence of pioneering thought processes, unexpected ways of using technology and data, and new attitudes towards marketing.
Following an initial screening process, an independent expert panel assesses the core capabilities of individual marketers and teams, and helps to develop them further. The competition provides a way of testing marketers, whether aspiring or experienced, and highlights the crucial role marketing plays in our industry.
Whilst other awards schemes measure output retrospectively, the prestigious PharmaTimes Marketer of the Year competition calls on entrants to demonstrate a dynamic combination of knowledge, creativity and strategic thinking in real-time challenges within a protected environment. It’s a unique opportunity for individuals and teams to sharpen their skills and showcase their talents against marketers industry-wide.
Benefits for participants
- This is the only pharmaceutical marketing competition that pits marketers head-to-head in a real life challenge against their peers
- There is no lengthy submission process or preparation required, minimising any loss of focus away from your day job
- There is no need to submit past work - instead you will compete in a real-life challenge devised and judged by senior marketing and healthcare leaders
- You will receive qualitative and quantitative judges’ feedback, including a competency score-sheet so you can see how you have performed compared to your peers
- You will have the opportunity for a one-on-one feedback session with one of the high-level industry judges
- From aspiring marketer to cross-functional team, wherever you are in your career there’s a category for you
Benefits for participating companies
- Supporting your marketers and cross-functional teams through the competition demonstrates your desire to encourage learning and development through competency benchmarking
- The judges’ feedback and competency score-sheets enable you to cross-check and evaluate the skills and abilities of your marketers against the best in the industry
- Participation in the competition validates the rigor of your recruitment, training and development
- Overall success in the individual and team categories could result in you being crowned with the prestigious title of Marketing Company of the Year
- Association with the competition attracts new talent to your organisation and creates affiliate pride