BioClinica, the US-based provider of clinical trial management solutions to the pharmaceutical and medical device industries, has formed a strategic partnership with Symbiance, a niche contract research organisation (CRO) specialising in innovative data services for pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients.
Symbiance has joined the BioClinica Certified Partner Program, which the company says experienced significant growth during 2010. “This growth has continued into the New Year with the addition of experienced partners like Symbiance, allowing BioClinica to offer both a best-in-class product suite and added-value services for our clients,” commented Peter Benton, BioClinica’s president of eClinical Solutions.
Headquartered in New Jersey, US, Symbiance was founded in 1990. The initial remit was to provide “clear, precise and timely” solutions for the data needs of clinical trial professionals, the CRO noted.
Today, Symbiance’s expanded portfolio of services includes a clinical data management unit, biostatistical analysis and SAS programming divisions supporting Phase I to IV clinical trials. Particular areas of therapeutic focus are oncology and central nervous system (CNS) diseases.
“With their therapeutic expertise and knowledge of the clinical trial space, Symbiance is an excellent partner for BioClinica’s offerings,” Benton said. “I am confident in the added value this partnership will bring to our mutual clients.”
The roster of BioClinical CRO partners includes:
• MedSource, which has particular expertise in oncology and early-phase trials across North America;
• MMS Holdings, another niche CRO, with services ranging from clinical programming to biostatistics, medical and regulatory writing, and a comprehensive pharmacovigilance offering;
• PRL Central Laboratory Services, a specialist in diagnostic testing with a focus on study protocol requirements;
• Health Sciences International, a comprehensive clinical research organisation specialising in cardiology, vascular disorders, endocrinology, internal medicine and the CNS;
• global oncology CRO Prologue Research;
• Axio Research, which provides data management, statistical and medical writing services for industry, government and academic sponsors in clinical research;
• Beardsworth, which focuses on complicated trials in complex therapeutic areas – notably oncology and vaccines;
• Kaizen Clinical Services, a female-owned CRO specialising in oncology.