Account Manager Newcomer of the Year
Entry Guidelines and Judging Criteria
This category identifies and recognises outstanding pharma professionals that are relatively new to sales and account management. The category is aimed at sales and account management professionals within your first two years in the role. It will give you an opportunity to demonstrate your professional knowledge and skills via the vehicle of a case study challenge.
For commercial pharma professionals within primary &/or secondary care sales /account management roles. Finalists will have passed their ABPI exam and will have been in post for two and a half years or less.
* Finalists will be invited to take part in category-specific case-study challenges developed by an independent expert panel as well as NHS knowledge tests.
* Finalists will be presented with the challenge on arrival at the final’s day and given a set period for preparation (usually 1 hour), before delivering your response to a judging panel of senior leaders in pharma.
Specific scoring criteria will be developed alongside each year’s unique case-study / challenge. All finalists should bear in mind the following points for this category:
- Comprehending and understanding the challenge:
Finalists should demonstrate an understanding of the case study and the challenges faced.
- Customer networking, understanding and relationship management.
Finalists should demonstrate a passion for exceeding their customer’s needs. This will typically include excellent customer understanding and establishing productive relationships & partnerships with key customers and organisations.
- Effective communication and teamwork within your own organisation.
Finalists should demonstrate superior communication skills and understand the need for working closely with colleagues to achieve commercial goals. Additionally, finalists should excel at utilising available resources to help achieve customer and company goals.
- Business analysis & business planning
Finalists should demonstrate competence at gaining market intelligence and analysing data to support plans that develop their business and achieve company goals.
- Utilising appropriate communication channels
Finalists should demonstrate understanding of and competence with the various communication channels available. This will also include maximising face to face opportunities and utilising digital resources and services.