Orphan/Rare Disease Sales Professional of the Year
Entry Guidelines and Judging Criteria
This category will test your understanding of the requirements of the role as anOrphan/ Rare Disease Key Account Manager . A clear understanding of the Orphan / Rare Disease environment will need to be demonstrated and how you can positively affect prescribing behaviour through influencing all relevant NHS stakeholders and processes will be judged and assessed on the day.
For any local, regional or national Orphan/ Rare Disease Key Account Managers.
- Finalists will be invited to take part in a category-specific case-study challenge developed by an independent expert panel as well as NHS knowledge tests.
- Finalists will be presented with the challenge on arrival at the finals day – and given a set period of time for preparation (usually 1 hour) – before delivering their response through a short presentation to a judging panel of senior industry leaders and then a Q and A session.
Specific scoring criteria will be developed alongside each year’s unique case-study / challenge but all finalists should bear in mind the following points for this category:
- Comprehending and understanding the challenge:
- Finalists should demonstrate an understanding of the case study, the challenges faced and the appropriate actions to achieve success
- Understanding of the local and regional NHS and all the relevant stakeholders that may be important within the Orphan / Rare Disease environment
- Finalists should be able to show how the analysis above leads to targeting of key stakeholders that can influence or directly affect the identified challenges
- Exhibit highly sophisticated and competent networking skills across a complex local and regional Orphan / Rare Disease environment
- Strategic Account Planning
- Demonstrate your ability to successfully account plan to deliver the objectives and benefits for your company, the NHS and patient
- Demonstrate the importance of thorough cross-functional working and excellent teamwork
- Demonstrate high level selling skills across all sales channels
- Demonstrate the emotional intelligence to effectively operate, sell and gain consensus across all levels of clinical and commercially focused NHS customers using the appropriate sales channel to meet the needs of the customer