Sales Manager of the Year
Entry Guidelines and Judging Criteria
This category will focus on your understanding and ability as a Pharmaceutical Sales Manager. Giving you an opportunity to demonstrate your professional knowledge and skills via the vehicle of a case study challenge.
For commercial Pharmaceutical professionals whose role involves 1st line management & coaching responsibility of sales teams (regional or national), as well as having responsibility for the delivery/achievement of business goals of the team. This can be in a primary care &/ or secondary care setting.
- Finalists will be invited to take part in category-specific case-study challenges developed by an independent expert panel as well as NHS knowledge tests.
- Finalists will be presented with the challenge on arrival at the final’s day and given a set period for preparation (usually 1 hour), before delivering your response to a judging panel of senior leaders in pharma.
Specific scoring criteria will be developed alongside each year’s unique case-study / challenge. But all finalists should bear in mind the following points for this category:
- Comprehending and understanding the challenge:
Finalists should demonstrate an understanding of the case study and the challenges faced.
Finalists should demonstrate an understanding of effective leadership and exhibit behaviours that support effective leadership. There should be a clear ability to develop a result orientated, high performance team whilst maintaining a focus on people and their development.
Finalists should demonstrate coaching knowledge and skills that would help develop a high-performance team culture. Demonstrating competence in when to give direction and when to nurture skills development.
- People insights and relationship management
Finalists should demonstrate a passion for exceeding the needs of those they manage. This will typically include the ability to develop and nurture strong, productive, positive relationships with their direct reports through a high level of interpersonal skill.
- Business analysis & business planning
Finalists should be comfortable with and demonstrate a high affinity for analysing data and drawing accurate, robust conclusions from such analysis in order to manage the business effectively. They should also have the ability to plan for the future and disseminate findings, plans and expectations to their direct reports clearly.