Sales Manager of the Year
Entry Guidelines and Judging Criteria
This category will test your understanding of the Pharma Sales Manager role and give you an opportunity to demonstrate your professional knowledge and skills via the vehicle of a case study challenge.
For commercial Pharma professionals whose role involves line management responsibility of sales teams (regional or national) as well as having responsibility for the achievement of business goals of the team. These sales teams can be in primary care &/ or secondary care settings.
- Finalists will be invited to take part in category-specific case-study challenges developed by an independent expert panel as well as NHS knowledge tests.
- Finalists will be presented with the challenge on arrival at the final’s day and given a set period for preparation (usually 1 hour), before delivering your response to a judging panel of senior leaders in pharma.
Specific scoring criteria will be developed alongside each year’s unique case-study / challenge. But all finalists should bear in mind the following points for this category:
- Comprehending and understanding the challenge:
Finalists should demonstrate an understanding of the case study and the challenges faced
Finalists should demonstrate an understanding of effective leadership and exhibit behaviours that support effective leadership.
Finalists should demonstrate coaching knowledge and skills that would help develop a high-performance team culture.
- Customer insights and relationship management
Finalists should demonstrate a passion for exceeding their customers needs. This will typically include excellent customer understanding and productive relationships with key customers.
- Business analysis & business planning
Finalists should be comfortable with analysing data and drawing conclusions from such analysis that helps develop business.