Clinical Site Team
Entry Guidelines and Judging Criteria
This category is designed to challenge UK based clinical site teams from clinical research institutions. The team should be able to demonstrate insight into the clinical research environment and the skill sets needed to work as a team to deliver excellence in the setting up and conduct of trials.
Teams may comprise up to three members drawn from the personnel who contribute to the conduct of clinical trials including, but not limited to, investigators, research nurses, research office staff and clinical trials support staff. Entries are invited from highly motivated teams committed to excellence who are working in any phase of clinical development in hospital, university, general practice, or industry-based settings. This category is not open to non-UK entrants.
- Finalists will be selected from candidates submitting the Stage 2 essay challenge. This asks a broad question that will permit the candidate team to show their insights into clinical trials.
- Finalists will be asked to respond to a scenario designed to challenge their insight into a real-life situation.
- Finalists will be presented with the challenge on arrival at the finals day and given time for preparation (usually 1 hour) before delivering their response to a judging panel of senior clinical research leaders.
- The judges will ask questions about the presentation followed by a set of competency-based questions.
Specific scoring criteria will be developed alongside each year’s unique challenge. As well as understanding the case study, finalists will be expected to demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Understanding of the clinical research environment and the key drivers
- Insight into making optimal use of resources
- Importance of teamwork and communication
- Planning and organisational skills
- Results focus and ensuring delivery