Start Up Individuals
Entry Guidelines and Judging Criteria
This category is designed to challenge individuals working within the Study Start Up (SSU) arena. You will be tested on your SSU knowledge as well as your creativity to think outside the box. Your understanding of planning, strategy, timelines and delivering first time quality will be tested on the day.
Suitable for any individual working within the start-up phase of a clinical trial.
* Finalists will be invited to take part in a category-specific case-study challenge developed by an independent expert panel.
* Finalists will be presented with the challenge on arrival at the finals day and given a set period of time for preparation (usually 1 hour) before delivering their response to a judging panel of senior industry leaders.
Specific scoring criteria will be developed alongside each year’s unique challenge. Individual finalists will be expected to demonstrate the following skills:
- Awareness of scope and challenges
- Ability to interpret the challenge and develop a strategy
- Understanding of the priorities
- Risk assessment and mitigation
- Managing operational delivery
- Tracking performance
- Metrics and KPIs
- Quality: TMF and Query Management
- Managing client expectations