Start Up Teams
Entry Guidelines and Judging Criteria
This category is designed to challenge a Team working within the Study Start Up (SSU) arena. As a Team you will be tested on your SSU knowledge as well as your creativity to think outside the box. Your understanding of planning, strategy, timelines and delivering first time quality will be tested on the day. In addition to considering the team you work with on your project or within your country, team members can also include multidisciplinary colleagues working in various roles, different projects or different countries.
Suitable for any Team working within the start-up phase of a clinical trial.
- Finalists will be invited to take part in a category-specific case-study challenge developed by an independent expert panel.
- Finalists will be presented with various challenges throughout the day and will be observed by a judging panel of senior industry leaders.
Specific scoring criteria will be developed alongside the challenges. Team finalists will be expected to demonstrate the following skills:
- Awareness of scope and challenges
- Ability to interpret the challenge and develop a strategy
- Understanding of the priorities
- Risk assessment and mitigation
- Managing operational delivery
- Tracking performance
- Metrics and KPIs
- Quality: TMF and Query Management
- Managing client expectations