In-House CRA of the Year
This category is designed to challenge the In-House CRA’s understanding of the core aspects of the role within the clinical monitoring function. Your understanding will be tested on the day.
Suitable for those currently working in the role of In-House CRA/ Remote Monitor. It is expected that those entering the competition will have been in the role for a minimum of 6 months at the point of entering the competition.
* Finalists will be invited to take part in category-specific case-study challenges developed by an independent expert panel.
* Finalists will be presented with the challenge on arrival at the finals day – and given a set period of time for preparation (usually 1 hour) – before delivering their response to a judging panel of senior clinical research and industry leaders.
Specific scoring criteria will be developed alongside each year’s unique case-study / challenge. As well as understanding the case study and challenges, In-House CRA finalists will be expected to demonstrate the following core skills:
- Ability to understand the clinical and business implications of the scenario provided
- Ability to define the core strategic challenge
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge (including ICH-GCP ) and application of the role of the IHCRA (which can vary between companies)
- Develop a situational analysis
- Identify solutions and contingencies
- Demonstrate understanding of the advantages of collaboration and benefits of teamworking