Commercial Cross Functional Team of the Year
Entry Guidelines and Judging Criteria
This category will test your understanding of the role of the cross functional team in a pharma company and is assessed on the day in a simulation that comprises case study work, role play and interview.
You will be a team of up to 5 people with responsibilities across multiple disciplines within the commercial business, made up of Marketing, Sales, Medical and Market Access colleagues plus optional additional related functions. You don’t need to be a current working team, and team members can be drawn from across your business.
- Working together in a one-day challenge – you will need to demonstrate current best practice, to resolve the challenges you will face with a fictional product in a fictional company and market environment.
- You will be given a short case study the day before the finals to enable you to prepare for a challenging business simulation. As a team your roles and functions will all come into play and you will need to be able to react quickly to the requirements of the challenge.
- A balance of the right capabilities will be essential on the day. You will need knit this into a high-performing team.
- This is an exciting opportunity to showcase how your team can deliver the very best at the cutting edge of pharmaceutical sales and marketing today.
- Finalists will be briefed the challenge on arrival at the finals day, and participate in an interactive business simulation (usually 3-4 hours) before delivering their conclusions to a series of judging panels made up of senior marketing and industry leaders
There will be specific scoring criteria developed alongside the unique case-study/simulation challenge. But all finalists should bear in mind the following points for this category:
- Comprehending and understanding the challenge:
Finalists should demonstrate an understanding of the case study and the challenges faced, including the scientific complexities and dilemmas presented
- Understanding of the local and regional NHS and market access processes
Evidence a wide and varied understanding of the changing NHS environment, the key stakeholders involved and how to positively influence them
- Strategic Account Planning
Demonstrate your ability to develop and execute a successful approach to the simulation, delivering your stated company objectives, and benefits for the NHS and patients
Exhibit highly sophisticated and competent networking and influencing skills across a complex fictional NHS market access environment
- Demonstrate high level selling skills across all sales channels
Demonstrate as a team that you can operate effectively, selling and gain consensus across all levels of simulated NHS customer environment