New Marketer of the Year
Entry Guidelines and Judging Criteria
This category is designed to challenge the new marketer’s understanding of the core aspects of marketing strategy and implementation. Your understanding of marketing planning from strategy development to tactical implementation will be tested on the day.
Suitable for new marketers with less than 3 years marketing experience, this is designed for candidates in their first marketing role.
- Finalists will be invited to take part in category-specific case-study challenges developed by an independent expert panel.
- Finalists will presented with the challenge on arrival at the finals day – and given a set period of time for preparation (usually 1 hour) – before delivering their response to a judging panel of senior marketing and industry leaders.
Specific scoring criteria will be developed alongside each year’s unique case-study / challenge. As well as understanding the case study and challenges, new marketer finalists will be expected to demonstrate the following core marketing skills:
- Ability to assimilate market information
- Developing a situational analysis
- Ability to define the core strategic challenge
- Knowledge and application of marketing planning approaches
- Developing tactical solutions and implementation plans
- Demonstrate ability to identify and deploy different marketing channels
- Understanding and application of segmentation
- Approaches to tracking and monitoring implementation